Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pictures

The girls had their pictures taken at JC Penney's a couple weeks ago to take care of the newborn/2nd birthday photos. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, especially given the price we paid (no sitting fee and less than $150 for a lot of prints). I had been looking into getting studio pictures done, but with how Melanie has been with meeting new people recently and how tough it can be for Matt to get time off of work I just couldn't justify paying a rather large sitting fee without knowing if we'd get any decent pictures out of the whole thing or not, so we gave Penney's a shot.

The photographer was really good at getting Melanie to open up to her pretty quickly, playing with her and earning her trust in a very short amount of time. You could definitely tell she had a lot of experience photographing kids, which was good because when we first got there Melanie was very clingy and pouty and wouldn't even look at the photographer. We took Claire's pictures first so Melanie could see what was going on, and before long Melanie was playing with the photographer and being her usual ornery self.

To view the pictures, click on the link here. Enter my name for the customer name (obviously) and the access code should already be there.

Let me know what you think in the comments section!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute and adorable!
Melanie's are so cute and same so with Claire! You all looked great!
~sara

ArmyWife said...

fantastic! i really like the family ones with the black backgrounds.

Monica said...

Very cute. I've heard good thing about Penny's. We typically use Portrait Innovations, and I've always been very happy with them. Thanks for sharing!

mary said...

your girls are so beautiful. i love melanie's shoes. (you and matt look nice too.)

Michelle said...

I love all the pictures, some really good ones of all of you.