Sunday, April 26, 2009

Family Fun at the Park

My cousins Anthony and Matthew spent the weekend with my parents while their parents were out of town for a funeral. Seeing as spending the whole weekend at your aunt and uncle's house isn't exactly every teenager's dream come true in terms of staying entertained, mom and I took them to the park with us to run Melanie around for a while to hopefully wear her out. She wasn't worn out after an hour and a half, but she did have fun, and I think Anthony and Matthew didn't feel it was a complete waste of their time, so I guess that's good, right?

This was the first time I had Melanie wear this skirt, an 18 month skirt I bought over a year ago, assuming she'd grow into it eventually. Despite the fact that I had put a tuck in it she had trouble with it falling down anyway, mostly when she was running. I guess we'll continue to wait for her to grow into it! I also now know to do a test run (literally!) with her altered clothes before leaving the house!

Her droopy drawers didn't slow her down one bit! She just took it in stride!
See the slideshow in the next post for some cute pics of Melanie playing with her (2nd) cousins!

3 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Those photos of Melanie are priceless :) I have to alter ALL of Emily's clothes too... and by "I", I mean my domestically-inclined neighbor :)

Michelle said...

Those pictures of Melanie trying to keep her skirt up are too funny!

ArmyWife said...

it just occured to me how much she looks like you at that age, isnt that odd....