Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garden Girl

I was able to get a bit of clean-up done in the front flower bed last week (laying weed paper, new mulch, putting in a few flowering ground cover plants), so Melanie got lots of outdoor play for a couple days. She even helped me out a bit - here's the pictures from her foray into horticulture!
She's a mighty mite, that Melanie!
I had to let some of the water out because there was no way she could pick the watering can up when it was full, but she was bound and determined to carry it by herself.

I'm telling you, that landscaping rock is going to grow up to be a humongous bolder with all the water Melanie gave it!

She did manage to water a few things that actually needed it...

The watering can tipped over and spilled a bit, and the tears started flowing.

Despite this I'd say Melanie had fun with the flower bed clean up all the same. It did involve being outdoors, after all!

It was too chilly to let Claire sit on the front porch that day, so she sat just inside the door with the door opened so I could hear her if she needed me.

I'm not sure if anyone else remembers Animaniacs besides Matt and me, but the face Claire is making reminds me of Brain from "Pinky and the Brain".

"What are we going to do tonight Brain?"

"The same thing we do every night Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!"

So maybe nobody besides me sees the sinister look on my infant's face, but I do!

2 comments:

ArmyWife said...

I'm with you on the Animaniacs. she just needs some huge ears and it's all there... perhaps for Halloween?

Michelle said...

I not familiar with the Animaniacs but that is very funny and slightly sinister face she is making, its great you got a picture of it.