Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities

Easter Sunday is always a welcome respite after the business of Holy Week and the Easter Vigil. We slept in until 9:00am (which when you go to bed after 1:00am isn't really sleeping in, but oh well), spent a leisurely morning at home and spent the afternoon and early evening with our families. Our time with Matt's family was spent at his parents' house and the time with my family was spent at Blessed Sacrament parish. Here are a few pictures of our day. The girls in their Easter outfits

Claire and her custom-made sweater


Another Claire picture
I feel kinda bad not having as many pictures of her. I can't wait for the barrage of "firsts" to start so I can capture them all on memory card (that just doesn't flow as well as "capture them on film", now does it?)
Melanie playing with Claire's car seat toys.
The snail chime on the right was one of Claire's Easter basket goodies along with a couple rattles.
Family photo at Grams' and Gramps' house
Watching a movie with Godfather Uncle John

Snoozing on Godmother Auntie K.

Playing in the gym at Blessed Sacrament
Melanie absolutely LOVED having the gym to run around in.

She'd run back and forth on the bleachers, sometimes by herself...

... sometimes being chased by others.

My cousins tried to do an Easter Egg hunt for Melanie, but she wasn't interested. Maybe next year she'll be more into it.

Someone let her play with their umbrella, and she thought this was the greatest thing around. I'm not entirely sure, but I think she was trying to say "Tut, tut, tut", which if you've watched the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (as we've been doing lately) Christoper Robin walks around with an umbrella saying that in an attempt to help Pooh trick some bees. Either way, she was really cute and my cousins had a good time playing with her.


I had to go out to the van and get my umbrella so she would relinquish the other one to it's rightful owner. It sure is difficult understanding that just because you like something doesn't mean it's automatically yours!

2 comments:

ArmyWife said...

as always, your family looks fantastic. Perhaps it's because Melanie finally has someone to be compared to, but she looks like she's getting big!

Michelle said...

Claire and Melanie look super cute! I think Claire's sweater turned out great, good work :)