Matt came upstairs and asked where Melanie was, to which I responded that I thought she was down in her playroom.
Nope, Matt said.
First red flag - Melanie wasn't where we thought she was.
We listened and didn't hear her.
Second red flag - she was quiet.
So Matt went down the hall to look for her.
Third red flag - our bedroom door was shut.
Matt went in and when he came out this is what he had:
In the back of a drawer.
That was latched shut.
She had wiggled her skinny little arm into the tiny amount of space the latch allows the drawer to open and had fished around until she found my brush case in which I keep said mascara and extracted it. Mind you she passed over five make-up brushes to get to the slot that housed the mascara, so this was not an easy thing to find or get ahold of.
Melanie's face and shins were not the only things she decorated with my mascara. Her other victims included:
*Thank goodness for linoleum!*
She also got some mascara on the door, the pack 'n play, an oscillating fan, the faces of some bathroom drawers (wasn't the toothpaste last week enough?), a Dora book and the makeup brush you see at the bottom of the previous picture that she apparently used to dig mascara out with because it's caked in mascara now.
More spots than a leopard or is she just jealous of my freckles?
She actually succeeded in getting some on her eyelashes.
So I cleaned the messy girl and Matt set to work on the carpet. The winning cleaning product? A combination of oil-free eye-makeup remover, rubbing alcohol and OxyClean.
Today's lesson: Close doors and if your toddler is quiet, start looking!

4 comments:
That is HALARIOUS!!!! Reminds me of when Emmie pulled a similar stunt with lipstick! Oh! And Noah found a tube of mascara in my mom's purse during church on Ash Wednesday and proceded to give himself a cross on his own forehead while we were standing for the gospel! So glad you got this all captured on film... you definitely don't want to forget this!
HAHAHHAAAAA!!!!!!!! i love how SHE looks upset in each picture (except the last one). i guess that is a sign of remorse.... or maybe she's just upset that she was caught before she got to the lipstick.
It was definitely an "I'm upset because I got caught" moment for her. Luckily I don't wear lipstick. I'm sure that would be harder to get out of the carpet :P
Hey there! Saw your comment on my post...the Noah's Ark set is from Imagine That Toys. My parents got it for her for her first bday. And yes, she is a tall girl!! I'm not sure how many inches, we go to the doc next week for 15month well-baby, so I'll do a post with all the stats! She's always been up there in her height percentiles though!!
Post a Comment