As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been trying to do things that are just Melanie and me from time to time. There have been a couple short shopping trips where I feed Claire and leave her with dad so Melanie and I can quickly run off to do a couple errands before it's time to feed again, and there's always story time or playroom time. I've even given her the evening bath or put her down to sleep a few times - things that dad normally takes care of.
Baking/food preparation has become one of our "mommy and me" activities. A little while ago we made banana muffins (a favorite of Melanie's - it is a bread product after all!). She's also helped with pancakes and snack mix in recent days, and she really seems to enjoy it. She's especially fond of getting to sit on the counter - a real treat in the eyes of an almost two year old!
Here are a few pics of our muffin making activity
She was a bit too quick for me and started eating a muffin before I could peel back the liner paper, so she got a little something extra in her first few bites, but that didn't seem to phase her seeing as she ate almost two whole muffins, which in Melanie's world is the equivalent of a seven course meal!
Caramel Shortbread Squares
Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
Easy Salted Peanut Chews
They were all very tasty for completely different reasons, but the Caramel Shortbread Squares (triangles) are a Lenten sacrifice breaker, so if you've given up sweets or chocolate don't try these in the next few weeks - I wouldn't want to be the one that introduced you to something that made you stumble along your Lenten journey. You've been warned!

1 comment:
OK, so first of all, oh my goodness you are a total rock-star in the kitchen. Holy cow! I feel good about myself when I fry an egg without breaking the yolk. You go girl!!! I am nothing but impressed.
LOVE the pics of Melanie helping, way to go mom! I can't wait until Gemma is old enough to do things like that with me. And hey, another bread eater, I hear ya there!! I love what you said about 2 muffins equaling a seven-course meal. I TOTALLY know what you mean. Mealtimes with Gemma are often tricky. We're getting there though, she just didn't pick up on the whole eating thing as quickly as I thought she would. ;-D
Thanks for the tip about Buffalo park, I heard that from another friend too. We'll have to check it out now that spring is coming. Maybe we could even meet you there some day.
Post a Comment