Monday, March 2, 2009

Hold On Just a Little Tighter Now Baby...

These pics are of the first time we let Melanie hold Claire. This actually took place a few weeks ago. I've had the pictures loaded to the blog, waiting to be captioned and posted for the world to see (ok, all 3 of you that actually read these crazy ramblings I come up with, but still...)
Here they are!

As you can see, Melanie was thrilled!

Melanie had been wanting to hold Claire since a few days after she had come home from the hospital, but we weren't quite ready to give that a try just yet... ... mostly due to how tiny Melanie is and how floppy Claire is.

But I finally decided to give it a go, putting Melanie right in the corner of the couch to support Claire since I knew she wouldn't be able to do it herself.
Now whenever she wants to hold Claire she sits in that same spot, stretches her arms out to me while doing the "gimme" hands and says "Beee (baby), mine?!?"
It's really cute, but she gets kinda insistent upon it sometimes, and doesn't understand that if Claire is crying or wanting to nurse that it isn't a good time to hold the baby. She also gets jealous sometimes if I sit in "her" spot and hold Claire, which is pretty frequent since that's one of my regular nursing perches. Oh well. I'll just take it as a sign of how much she loves her little sister!

Sisterly love at it's best!

Big sister giving little sister a loving hug...

...and little sister elbowing big sister in the face!

Maybe I only find this so amusing because I'm the 2nd child, but it really makes me laugh.
I hope that doesn't make me a bad mom... :)

2 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Cute! Melanie isn't much bigger than Claire :) I just gave my my Claire's package to take to church on Sunday. I'm afraid she'll outgrow it before I ever actually get it to you!

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

I meant to say I gave the package to my MOM, not my MY!