Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Weekend

We had a rather uneventful weekend in the Stockemer household, but that's just how we like it from time to time!
Saturday we took the girls to the park because I forgot Melanie had been switched to the Saturday tumbling class and forgot to take her (Shhh... don't tell her... she still doesn't know!) It helped alleviate some of my guilt and allowed us some nice outdoor time. The temperature was nice with a bit of a breeze and we were able to store up on vitamin D since the sun was out. As an added bonus, my friend Amy met us there so I got to chat with her while Matt ran around with Melanie.

It was chilly enough for Claire to wear one of her cute fall hoodies and a cozy knit hat.
(No, I didn't knit her hat, but for $3.50 I'd be hard pressed to buy the yarn to make one just like it!)
Claire's first time in a playground swing

Are you sure this thing is safe?
Who cares?!?! This is fun!
Weeeeeee!


Melanie slidin' along

Mom and Claire
Melanie and Dad swinging

The climbing wall from a Melanie point-of-view.
Kinda helps put the size of things in perspective, doesn't it?




This is one of the trees in our backyard.
I just love how bright the colors are so I thought I'd share it with you :)
It's nice to be in a house that actually has trees that change colors in the fall. We didn't have very good luck with the trees we planted at the old house. (I think we managed to keep one alive out of four that we planted while we were there :P ) Hopefully the new owners have better luck than we did!
Sunday night we had Matt's family over for dinner and some play time since we've all been so busy recently. This gave the girls some much appreciated play time with their grandparents and Aunt Katie and Uncle John. Can't wait to do it again!

6 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Those pics of Claire in the hat are so cute! I love them! And... I'm jealous of your tree! We sure have enjoyed the beautiful colors this year... wish some of them resided in our yard!

ArmyWife said...

looks good! claire is waaaay cute, if she keeps up that way with her excessive smiling, Matt might have to take up some sort of hobby invovling guns to wawrd off all the guys!

Elizabeth said...

Matt doesn't need to take up any new hobbies, his grandma gave him one of his great-grandpa's old shotguns so he can pull of the look without the added expense. Plus Gordon has plenty of guns to go around, and I'm sure he'll be sitting at the kitchen right along Matt and my dad "cleaning" the guns when the boys come a callin'!

mary said...

this is my unavoidable "your girls are so stinkin cute" comment.

Elizabeth said...

That's the main purpose of this blog, Mary. To show the world (but mostly my grandparents and other family members) how cute my girls can be. Because they see them at family functions when energy runs high and blood sugar runs low (from being too excited to eat) resulting in some of the best behaved children this side of the Mississippi. And I type that with absolutely NO sarcasm at all. (ok, maybe just a bit)

The Little Miss said...

oh my gosh your kids are sooo cute! Looks like it was a fun day at the park! Love the pics of them on teh swing!!! Soooooooooooo CUTE!
Please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
xo
Priscila