Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hide and Seek

Matt introduced Melanie to Hide and Seek yesterday, and she loves it! She's been a big fan of sneaking around and hiding recently, so the idea of an actual game centered around this activity was a real winner with her!

It was really cute to watch them, Melanie with her quick counting and gleeful searching, and Matt with his silly hiding places that Melanie would often copy when it was her turn to hide and his diligent "looking" for Melanie despite her painfully obvious hiding places that she often gave away before he "officially" found her. He even incorporated Claire into the game (she gave away his hiding place more than once!). Enjoy the slideshow of one of these simple pleasures of youth. I'm sure if you'd like to come over Melanie would be more than willing to play with you too :)

4 comments:

ArmyWife said...

looks like fun! who needs cable!

Michelle said...

that sounds SO familiar! Ira loves playing hide and seek too and it just cracks us UP how he plays. "Mom can you find me in the living room?" is usually what I hear as soon as I'm done counting. Too funny!

If you want another source of endless entertainment, ask her to do jumping jacks. It is a hilarious sight!

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Too cute! Noah LOVES Hide & Seek too! And he does the same thing... hides in the same spot I just hid :) They'll have to get together and play someday!

Elizabeth said...

I hadn't thought of jumping jacks - that should be pretty entertaining! Thanks for the idea Michelle :D

Danielle, I'm sure Melanie would love to play with Noah - if you need a "safe" place to get out and about this flu season come on over! We're pretty much home-bodies around here, so I doubt there will be too much floating around for us to pass on to you guys.