Monday, October 26, 2009

Leaves

Since the leaves are no longer on our trees they are much more accessible to a certain
8 1/2-month old that seems to hang around here quite a bit.

As Matt puts it, she has one major question in life right now.
"Can I eat this?"

Fortunately today we were in the front yard (the sun made it the warmer place to play in the afternoon). The back yard is a thick blanket of leaves. We're going to have to invest in a rake, and then teach Melanie the joys of jumping into the piles of leaves. I'm sure there will be a post on that soon :)

Would you care to try some?

No Claire, don't eat that!

Melanie seems to have developed a penchant for decorating recently.

Or at least rearranging stuff. It's pretty cute.

I'm not sure what Matt did to get the picture to look like this, but I like it, so I thought I'd share.

4 comments:

pianomanda said...

You have such beauties :)

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Adorable pictures, Elizabeth! I'm so sad that the leaves are falling from the trees... we've had such a GORGEOUS fall this year! It will be sad to no longer see all the color on the trees, but the leave piles do make a fun place to play for the little ones :) We had some family pics taken in them yesterday... hope they turn out!

mary said...

is melanie the hulk in petite toddler disguise? did she move those big pumpkins by herself?

Elizabeth said...

While Melanie is surprisingly strong despite her tiny stature those pumpkins are fake, and therefore not heavy at all. They are wonderfully realistic looking though, unlike those carvable pumpkins they sell at craft stores. I got them at Target when Melanie was little and haven't seen any like them since (much to my mom's disappointment). So yes, she did move them by herself, but Claire could feasibly do the same thing if she had better balance.