Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cake Decorating

As I mentioned in a previous post, Katie and I have been taking a cake decorating class on Thursday nights. It's been a fun opportunity to have some girl time, and we've opted to go ahead and take course II in the Wilton series. Here are a couple of the cakes I decorated with my new found skills.
I couldn't think of anything to write in the blank space below the rainbow, so it remained blank
The grand finale.


I must say that I do not get along with buttercream roses. I have a lot of practicing to do if I'm going to get very proficient at them. It probably took me at least 30 minutes to come up with these three that I'm relatively happy with.
This is just a cake I made for an RCIA potluck that was really yummy. It's called a Raspberry Ripple Cake and I got the recipe from the Food Network show Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. I highly recommend trying it. Very moist and delicious. I had to use white cran-strawberry juice instead of just white cranberry juice since I couldn't find any at the store.

1 comment:

ArmyWife said...

I'M IN! pick me! pick me! i'll taste test anything!