While it doesn't feel like I've really accomplished much over the last month and a half, we have been very busy. As most of you already know, my mom broke her leg while on vacation with dad and my grandparents in France. This resulted in surgery for her (while still in France) and a 1 3/4 inch screw going through her tibia and fibula. They arrived home about a week after they were originally supposed to, and Melanie and I have been spending our weekdays at my parents house ever since. This is where the feeling of not accomplishing anything comes from.
We get there between 9 and 10 in the morning and don't leave until between 6 and 8 in the evening, so by the time we get home I'm just too tired to worry about putting laundry away, so it stays in the basket. Melanie gets some wind-down time playing with her own toys at her own house. Putting her to bed as soon as we get home is not an option because she'll sleep for 30 minutes and then be up again, so it's just easier to give her an hour of play time before we start her bedtime ritual. She often gets a bath in the evening (the highlight of her day!), a snack of some sort and Matt puts her to bed (when he's home, which has been 10-14 days here, 10-14 days in California as of late). I really appreciate Matt putting her in bed since it gives me a little time completely to myself to just put my feet up and relax (which I need to do since my legs have been swelling on the days I stand too much)
So yeah. Not really earth shattering, but time consuming none the less. It's really no different than what I would do if I were at home, except that it's harder to get those little at home projects done seeing as I'm at my parents house instead of mine. So the dusting goes undone, the vacuuming is neglected. At least the dust bunnies are happy with the current arrangement! We just won't be entertaining any guests here for a while :)
On a happy note - the basement is almost finished! We just have to pick out carpet and have it installed, and then it's done! Matt has one more room to paint, but it's just the computer/sewing room, so it isn't a high priority as far as I'm concerned. I'm very excited! Hopefully we'll get to look at carpet tomorrow or Monday night and get that taken care of before Matt leaves town again on Wednesday.
Yay!
Well, that was a lot of rambling on my part. Here are some pictures to go along with the babble.

Melanie napping with Grandma

Super baby!
Complete with bib-cape and mom's super sunglasses

Melanie's first chocolate pudding
I've been keeping pudding cups in the house to help make
me feel a little less guilty about giving in to the occasional chocolate
craving and Melanie gets to help me eat them sometimes

Our hammy little one

Peas anyone?

Just kicking my feet up

Sharing crackers with Tobey while mom gets his real breakfast

Our monkey in action

If only I had a banana...

Dad and Melanie time

I just thought this one was too cute not to share

Peek!

Baby in a box of beans
(a Parents as Teachers suggested activity that Melanie really
enjoys - the bean box is suggested, Melanie is the one that decided to climb in it)
No comments:
Post a Comment