Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Have Carpet!

The carpet was installed in our basement last Thursday, so the basement is officially "finished"! We still have to pick out paint for the computer/sewing room and bathroom, but those aren't immediate necessities.
It took all day, and the installer finished right when it was time for me to leave for cake decorating class. I was so excited to get Melanie's toys out of the living room that I went ahead and let her stay up a bit later than normal so I could haul them all downstairs after I got home from cake class. She had not objections to her later bedtime, and joyfully ran back and forth from the playroom to the far wall of the family room, becoming more energetic with each pass she made. The wide open space was quite thrilling for her.
Here are a few pictures of Melanie enjoying her wide open spaces. The family room will likely remain without furniture for a while, seeing as furniture shopping takes an awful lot of effort as far as I'm concerned, and Matt will be working a lot in the coming months as they prepare to deliver the planes to Italy, so there won't be time for trotting about town gawking at all the furniture offerings to be had.

Returning to the playroom after tagging the far wall...

And heading back the other way!



Enjoying her reunion with her long-lost shopping cart that I banished
to the basement when she developed the bad habit of climbing on it

This is nice!

No comments: