The top left one is a regular potato pancake recipe my family has
enjoyed for years, the other two are "confetti" potato pancakes, with
shredded carrot and zucchini mixed in with the potatoes. I enjoyed both,
my family preferred the old recipe, saying the new one was kinda sweet but
still good. We eat them with ketchup on top, but I know some people like
topping with applesauce (which we prefer on the side) or Greek yogurt or
sour cream. We also served them with baked beans and turkey sausage links.
Cranberry-Orange muffins ready to bake Muffins done!
I made an orange glaze to go over half, and topped the other half with streusel. They freeze really well, and then you can just pop a few in the microwave in the morning for 30 seconds for a nice warm treat!
Great use for fresh tart cranberries - a big hit with my younger sister
One of the perks of spending so much time at my parents house is that I have more
taste-testers to try new recipes on
I took my cousins Sara and Christina to. Our cookies weren't the most
beautiful, but we had fun and learned how the technique worked. With all
the holidays coming up I'm sure we'll have opportunities to perfect our skills.
All the flowers are made with royal icing, so they are a combined effort
of the first three classes. The final class we learned the basket weave and
rope border, then assembled the flowers and butterflies on the cake and
added in the leaves for the finishing touch.

1 comment:
Looking back at your old posts...this cake looks very familiar, my mom took the same classes. Kudos!
Post a Comment