We pulled out the markers, I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day! From:" on each card and Melanie got to practice writing her name. A lot. She also got to go to town using some stamps I had picked up in the Dollar Spot at Target to decorate the insides of the cards (This was a real lesson for me in letting go of perfection, and symmetry for that matter. They were Melanie's cards, after all.). She then got to select a few stickers to put on the outsides of the cards to finish them off. I didn't get a picture of any of the finished cards, but I really wish I had. She was very proud of the work she had put into them. So proud, in fact, that she gave Grams her card when she stopped by that afternoon, even though the card wasn't done yet!
| Taking a break to admire Amelia. That really is the main thing we do all day around here. |
| Pretty-ing up the pretzels |
When all was said and done Melanie divided the treats up and was pleased as could be with her treats.
And what do we come to find out when Melanie came home with the treats her classmates had given her?
I was apparently the only parent that read the part of the note that encouraged home-made cards. Everyone else used the standard store-bought cards and candy.
I really don't want to be seen as "one of those" moms, but on this occasion I may have inadvertently stumbled into it!
I guess that's what I get for following directions!
I guess that's what I get for following directions!

1 comment:
#1. I LOVE your new header picture! So precious and perfect!
#2. Amelia is adorable. Just looking at her is giving me baby longings again :)
#3. I, too, tried to do a Valentine s'more. It was an epic failure! I then switched to pretzels with hershey kisses melted on top and an M&M in the middle. My first go round on those was also an epic failure (yes, I CAN actually mess those up!) too. Third time was a charm!
#4: Noah has been in school for 3 years and I have only seen 1 or 2 other hand made Valentine cards (other than his!). Seems even the domestically challenged like me can be "one of those" every now and then :)
Post a Comment