Going away party cake for a friend that's being deployed for the next year
Birthday cake for my cousin's wife's mom's birthday.
Whew! That was a mouthful.
Chocolate turtle cake (chocolate cake with caramel filling) with chocolate buttercream icing and fondant flowers. I got to buy a set of fondant flower punches for this one - so fun and easy to use! They were a bit pricey, but with three girls I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of them.

4 comments:
Very nice....the chocolate one looks and sounds yummy...you have such neat handwriting.
awesome cakes! I especially like the one for Michael, I wish we would have been able to go to that.
Maybe you could make a fun post-Easter cake for our CM group?!
post-Lent I meant
Thanks ladies!
Debi - My handwriting isn't very good actually. It's definitely my least favorite part of decorating a cake. For Michael's cake I printed off a font from the computer that was enlarged quite a bit, traced it onto waxed paper and the put piping gel on the paper to transfer the writing to the cake and traced over it with buttercream. I didn't trust myself to do a good job on it, and if I goof up the writing I have to scrape it off and re-frost the cake smooth. I did freehand the chocolate cake, but I probably re-did it 4 or 5 times before I was happy with it and continued on with the rest of the cake assembly.
Erika - as long as I don't have to write anything on the cake I'm all for it!
Post a Comment