Amelia was baptized on February 13th, just shy of her 2-week birthday. And lest you think I haven't posted about this important day before now due to some newborn antics on her part let me assure you the tardiness of this post is entirely due to my poor time management skills. That really has been the most difficult part of transitioning from two to three children, figuring out how to properly allot my time to the various tasks I need to accomplish. It was a beautiful day to celebrate such a wonderful sacrament and we were blessed to have a large group of our family and friends there to commemorate the day with us.
 |
| Baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit |
 |
| Anointing with chrism |
 |
| With Fr. Ken |
|
 |
| Amelia with her godmother, Aunt Amber |
 |
| Amelia with her godfather, Steve |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| Grams and Gramps |
 |
| Family of five! |
We followed the baptism with a lunch of BBQ beef sandwiches, veggies and fruit along with an assortment of cakes for dessert (
this,
this and
this in case you're curious)
 |
| Amelia's baptism cake |
|
The food must have been pretty tasty and filling, because there was a lot of this going on towards the end of the party and into the afternoon hours
Welcome to the Church Amelia!
6 comments:
Congrats...looks like it was a perfect day! Love the new blog style!
Great pictures!
Why didn't you caption the godfather pic: "Amelia, with her godfather, my son, Steve."?
I'm glad my dad isn't the only one that comes over and sleeps at my house. ;)
Erika - My grandparents and other extended family members read the blog (they're actually the main reason I have one) and I didn't feel like giving the history of our odd little family either here or at the next family gathering, so I keep the silly references about my "family" to facebook for the sake of simplicity. I hope my "son" isn't offended!
Oh yeah, in case you couldn't tell that comment was me. I always forget to check if Matt signed in before commenting :P
yes, that might be a little confusing for them and scandalizing, they might never want to talk to you or even look at you again. ;)
I doubt Steve is offended. ;)
Oh and I always suspected this was actually Matt's blog...
p.s.ironically I forgot to sign out of my other account before posting...sorry about that :(
Post a Comment