Thursday, March 17, 2011

Amelia's First Trip to the Mall

All dressed for her first real shopping trip!
(Yes, I dress my kids to go shopping.  Don't judge me.)

My mother-in-law was good enough to accompany me on a trip to the mall so I could buy a dress I had seen online for Amelia for Easter and return some things I had ordered online as options for what I would wear for Amelia's baptism (the idea of going shopping right after having a baby was not appealing to me so I ordered some things before she was born and the stores just happened to allow in-store returns for online purchases, so with free shipping it was a no-brainer that that would be my preferred post-baby shopping method).  She was a total champ when it came to shopping!  We were gone for around three hours and it wasn't until the 2 1/2 hour mark that she wanted to be fed, she slept the rest of the time. Hooray for good shopper!

Melanie and Claire were happy to shop as well.  Our special treat when we go to the mall (which isn't very often) is to get pretzel sticks for the girls.  Melanie associates pretzels with shopping so much that she actually used to call the mall "the pretzel store".  Hey, if it allows me to go to more than one store at a time without whining kids I'm all for it!

2 comments:

Patty Arnold said...

joshua calls the liquor store "the sucker store".

Monica said...

Patty HAA!!!!! Gemma calls the Chinese Restaurant where we get carry-out every so often the lemonade store. (because we always get a lemondade as the drink that comes with the meal). Funny kids.