I'm very grateful that our girls are still at the stage of life where relatively simple things can keep them happy on a rainy day. I'm sure it won't last long. Coloring and Hide and Seek were the activities of choice on a recent gloomy day.
Check it out! Mom let us use markers!
(The washable variety, of course.)
Tiny toes in a box
She found me!
"...eight, nine, ten!"
"Ready or not, here I come!"
"I find you Mel-nie!"
That box was the only place they hid for the longest time. They just took turns counting to ten and "finding" each other in it and acting surprised each time.
When Claire got tired of hiding in the box this was her next choice for concealment.
It was about as useful at hiding her as Melanie's choice for playing peek-a-boo in this post.
When they got tired of playing hide and seek the box became a bed. It had several other identities before I got tired of it and put it in the recycle bin last night. I felt that two weeks of letting them play with it in my living room was enough. Such a mean mom!

1 comment:
We have an old toilet box that a made into a "house" for Gemma in our basement. It is an eyesore, but I think she'd freak if I ever tried to get rid of it. OH dear...
Post a Comment