The blanket I knitted for Amelia
You can find the pattern here
I had planned to back the blanket with some smooth minky fabric and use satin blanket binding on the sides to give it a more finished look and to hopefully decrease the likelihood of snags in the blanket. Unfortunately when I took it in to the extension office for advice on how to go about doing so they recommended against it due to the difference in the amount of stretch between the fabric and the knitted blanket. I'm still really pleased with how it looks, I'm just a bit too nervous to use the blanket much at all since I spent so much time making it! Silly, I know, but it is what it is.
A couple hats I crocheted for Amelia (pattern found here). The one on the right is made from Caron Simply Soft yarn and is actually the one I made to go with the outfit the girls gave her at the hospital. It originally had a ribbon threaded through it. I whipped the aqua one up for Amelia's newborn pictures and made the little flower clips from some silk flowers I got at Michael's (the cheap $1 clusters that have three blooms on them). I purposely crocheted a bit looser on the aqua hat since the pink one was already getting a bit snug on her. It's made with I Love This Cotton yarn.
You can see Amelia "modeling" these items in her newborn pictures.

2 comments:
The blanket turned out beautifully and the hats are very cute. Those pictures of Amelia in them are so precious.
so adorable. I really like how the blanket came out. Those jats will motivate me to keep learning crochet.
Post a Comment