She's getting so big!
When we'd tell her who a gift was from she would immediately go over and give them a hug and thank them for her gift, even if she hadn't opened it yet.
A new Fancy Nancy book!
Just like last year, the party came to a halt when she got some new books.
Our girls really love to read, there's no doubting that!
She asked for a Fancy Nancy cake, but I didn't feel like I was up to that challenge so I opted for a sufficiently girlie cake instead. She was really excited about it, so I'm glad my alternate (read : easier) plan was acceptable.
Time for cake!
For a birthday treat to share with her classmates at preschool I made play dough cookie pops with colors Melanie chose, using my preferred sugar cookie recipe this time around. Her teacher said the kids really liked them, and several kids tried licking them because they thought they really were lollipops. They're brightly colored and on a stick, what more could a kid ask for in a cookie?
Happy Birthday to our little Miss Melanie!
4 years certainly have flown by!

4 comments:
Okay, so that is the CUTEST cake I have seen!! Happy Birthday, Melanie...books are cool!
Wow 4 years old already! Looks like Melanie had a fun birthday. Love the cake!
What a smile (in the last pic specifically). Looks like a great birthday! You've got some sweet little gals, Elizabeth. You are a proud mama I'm sure. Blessings and happy birthday to miss Melanie!
Yay! Happy bday (belated). It's fun to be 4. I love the cake--so cute!
Post a Comment