This past weekend we took a quick trip to Leavenworth to visit my friend
Michelle. We left Saturday morning and arrived before lunch, so we loaded back up in the van and went to the Legends shopping center to enjoy a
Cheeseburger in Paradise and some window shopping. Neither one of us bought anything! Aren't you proud? (and a bit shocked?!?!) We then went back to her house and the girls watched "The Tigger Movie" with Michelle while I (and Matt too, I think) passed out on the couch (4 hours of sleep the night before was definitely not enough!) .
After the movie was done we took the girls to a nearby park to burn off some steam.
Matt making silly faces at Claire
We then headed back to Michelle's house and Matt played grill master to the chicken, baked potatoes and corn on the cob Michelle had ready for us.
Then we went to bed. Claire and I shared an air mattress and she spent a good portion of the night sleeping like this.
I would have to say, for the girls at least, that the highlight of the trip was Michelle's dog Beanie. Melanie completely associates Michelle with Beanie. Whenever I mention Michelle she immediately asks if Beanie is with her. And on the drive home Melanie informed me that "We go see 'chelle and Beanie again tomorrow!" Ah, if only it were that easy.
The girls feeding Beanie some of her food
And this wouldn't be a true post about Michelle and Elizabeth if there weren't some pictures of us doing something silly, so here's a slide show of us sliding with the girls (how appropriate). Oh, and to add to our nerd quotient, we are wearing the mirror image of each others outfit - Michelle in a blue tank with a white lacy cami underneath, me with a white shirt and blue cami underneath. Completely unplanned, of course.
4 comments:
Love it! I'm so glad you guys came, I wish it were easy to do more often also.
The slide pictures turned out well. Yay for all!!
You guys' friendship makes me smile.
1. Since the government stopped paying me to do my blog a few months back I haven't been able to keep up with other blogs the same. Sorry. But this post was great!
2. Have you seen SNL's Bubble and Hamm? Because when the song started playing, that is what I thought of, naturally.
3. Beanie is an awesome dog.
4. Is there a better place in the world to take pictures of kids than a playground? They always turn out great.
I love the way the pics are laid out....how did you do the snapshot series at the bottom of the post?? Hey, I just wanted to say that you did an awesome job at Mom's group!! I learned a few tricks that will come in handy! I want to talk to you about Hannah's birthday party in August, I think it would be fun to have the whole theme be Cake Decorating. You are such an inspiration!!
Census Guy - 1. I've missed your posts, but figured our nefarious government had something to do with the untimely demise of your blog 2. I have not seen Bubble and Hamm, but will definitely be checking in to that skit now that you've mentioned it 3. Yes, she is a great dog. She was very patient with Melanie and Claire and a wonderful playmate as well 4. My theory on the playground pictures is that the kids are having so much fun it's easy to get good, natural smiles out of them, as opposed to posed pictures. Plus, since they're action shots it doesn't really matter if they're looking right at the camera or not.
Debi - I did the slideshow on Photobucket.com Just upload your pictures and there's a slideshow option, and you can share them on your blog. The "share" feature usually creates a totally separate post, so I used the code they give under the "having troubles" option when you try to share and just pasted the code directly onto the post and the voila! I hope that made at least a little sense. If not then just poke around on the photobucket site and you'll eventually figure it out. It's a nice feature for when you're trying to tell a story with pictures.
Post a Comment