The girls checking out the water with Grams.
It was very mossy.
The pink plastic fish came off the line and a very tiny hook replaced it.
Dad and Gramps handled all the yucky worm business, and we had already talked about fishes eating worms, so that didn't seem to bother Melanie, for which I am thankful.
Melanie "casting" her line, which really consisted of pushing the release button and letting the line fall into the water.
The fishies start gathering around the worm
Dad gives Melanie a quick refresher course on how to reel in the line.
She's got a bite!
And on her first try, too!
Reelin' it in
Melanie's first fish!
Matt caught something too
It looked like the Swamp Thing...
... but it was really a descent sized fish.
We tried to get Claire in on the fishing action, but she was more interested in eating frosted animal crackers and fruit snacks. Grams sure knows how to pick snacks to keep the kiddos happy!
This is currently one of Claire's favorite faces to make.
Ah, the doors that will open to you once you learn to control your facial features...
Fishing with Gramps
It was a touch breezy that day
Whoa Grams! It's windy!
Pictorial proof that I was indeed there, even if I didn't touch any worms or fish.
Walking with Aunt Katie
Sorry John, but the only picture I got of you fishing with Melanie you were either scratching your nose or getting ready to sneeze, so I opted for this shot of you instead. You were there though, and it is now documented as such.
After what Melanie deemed was a sufficient amount of fishing for the time being the Stockemer ladies set off to pick some cherries.
(Now there's an activity I can get excited about!)
Sour cherries - good for pie making, not so much for eating plain.
These filled two and a half gallon sized freezer bags after being pitted and flash frozen. Ready for pies and cobblers :)
Things wrapped up pretty quickly after we finished picking cherries, so we gathered everything up and headed in to town and had dinner at the local Pizza Hut. I would say the girls' first fishing experience was a very positive one, and hopefully these pictures will help them look back on it fondly in the years to come.

4 comments:
looks like fun! Melanie has now officially caught more fish on her one fishing excursion than i have caught in my entire life. yay Melanie!
What a fun trip! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care to touch the fish but likes to at least watch... even hold a pole and reel one in! We went Memorial Day, out at my aunt's house... but I obviously didn't remember the camera. :)
how fun! Alaina really wants to learn to fish and wants to fish with her daddy. We almost bought him some fishing rods one year but then he wasn't sure about since he'd need a fishing liscense. Maybe one day though...I saw they have fishing clinics at GPNC too.
Great pictures! And since I'm in a hurry, I'm going to comment here on other posts as well:
That rose is AMAZING!!!
Happy Anniversary!
I am liking the Beach Boys very much and would like to request Help Me Rhonda.
Post a Comment