Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fishing Lessons

About a month ago Melanie got the idea in her head that she wanted to go fishing with Gramps.  I'm not sure where the idea came from, but she voiced this desire to him, which I'm sure he was pretty pleased with.  Not long after that he stopped by one evening to give Melanie and Claire their very own Dora and Lightening McQueen fishing poles.  Since then Matt has given Melanie her first "fishing lesson".

Dad casting the line for Melanie
 That thing goes a long way for a kids fishing pole!
This is on the opposite side of the court from us!
Showing her how to hold the pole
Showing her how to wait for a fish to bite
She caught one!  
Start reeling 'er in!
Look mom!  I caught my first pink plastic fish!
Bestowing her new found knowledge on her sister.

Now we just need to find some time to meet Gramps for some real fishing!

1 comment:

Debi said...

It's these sweet happy family moments that make life so memorable. I love how patient and calm Melanie is!! Precious!!!