Wednesday, May 19, 2010

During lunch today Melanie needed to use the bathroom, so I went with her to help manage the challenges that unbuttoning and buttoning pants can pose to a three-year-old.  When we got back to the kitchen this is what we found.
Claire had decided to help herself to the rest of Melanie's PB&J sandwich.
I really like the look on Melanie's face.  That pretty much sums up her feelings on the matter.
Fortunately I was able to prevent a meltdown by simply making another sandwich for her, and all was right with the world again.
Claire was pretty pleased with her foraging skills though.  
She can be a bit of a handful at times, but I think we'll keep her.

4 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Too funny! Melanie's look is priceless! I can't believe how long her hair has gotten... it is looking more and more like yours :)

I wish I could get either one of my kids to taste PB&J... neither one of them will get near it! They are so strange, I know!

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee!!! Oh Claire, what a cutie! And I love Melanie's face in that picture. I'm glad you were able to avoid a total meltdown and destruction :)

Elizabeth said...

Danielle - have you tried letting the kids help make the sandwiches, or letting them pick out a cookie cutter to make their sandwiches fun shapes? I've never done this (Melanie gets to choose if she wants squares or triangles for her sandwiches and if I have more than one kind of jelly available she gets to choose that as well) but I've heard that it's been successful for other people. Could be worth a shot.

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Yea... I've tried the cookie cutter trick - no luck! I truly have the most finicky eaters on the planet!

You were right! Noah was wearing the same shorts last year and this year :) I noticed that exact same thing as I was looking back and posting the pictures. Sadly, he can still wear ALL of his shorts from last summer and they are all size 3 with adjustable waists! Maybe one day, he'll grow!

As for preschools, I can give you my opinion. As far as I know, St. Francis is the only Catholic one on the west side of town. I'm not sure if Holy Spirit has one or not. At any rate, I can give you my opinion about St. Francis and others if you are interested. Give me a call sometime, or maybe we can get together for a play date.