We made frozen fruit pops a couple weeks back as a sweet treat to enjoy during out evening outdoor time (when it's not so unbearably hot that mom will melt away into the pavement)
Just some fruit puree and vanilla yogurt, mixed together and spooned into some tiny popsicle molds I got in the $1 bins at Target (you could easily use those little Dixie cups and popsicle sticks if you don't have the molds)
Like I said, they're tiny. Just the right size for the girls though.
Everybody enjoyed our little treats
They are a bit messy though
Try making some yourself - we think you'll like them :)

6 comments:
your girls are unbearably cute. we tried fruit popsicles the other night and it was too frustrating and drippy-max spent the whole time saying "uh oh" and getting mad. maybe tiny pops would be a good solution.
That sounds like a great idea!!! We have tons of fruit around here. Thanks for the tip!
You'd think even I could make a popsicle, right? WRONG! I tried making yogurt pops with the kids and couldn't get the handles out... they were frozen along with the yogurt and had to use a knife to chop up the yogurt to get it out of the mold! Now if that isn't proof that I am domestically challenged in the cooking department, I don't know what is!
Well I was thinking of trying this...do you think they still have those molds at Target? But now after reading Danielle's comment I'm not so sure...
I forgot to subscribe to the comment so I am now doing that...
Try running the popsicle molds under warm water before gently twisting them to remove the frozen treats. That's what worked for me :)
Post a Comment