Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stay tuned for our next episode...

Teaser list of episodes to come: the 4th of July (complete with exploding cake), a Colorado vacation, blackberry picking and jelly making (among other fun at the ranch/in the garden), some cake decorating, pickle making and who knows what else! 

I'm ready to rejoin the land of the living after sleeping, well, like a pregnant woman!  My intense need for 2-3 hour naps and 10 hours of sleep at night seems to be subsiding, so I'm attempting to catch up on the many household duties that have gone by the wayside while still accomplishing all that summer requires. 

I'm posting all this in hopes of giving myself some source of accountability to get started posting things again by the middle of next week (I have a very busy weekend ahead of me).  Your job is to hold me accountable.  Pester me (in a friendly sort of way) until I post stuff, and then give me the motivation to keep being productive by commenting once I do it (I hear praise for the mother is really good for a developing baby ;D ).  I'm counting on you, so don't let me down.

Until then, I will leave you with a cute picture of the girls from the 4th of July festivities out at Spring Creek.

Sitting on the back of the flatbed truck watching Gramps feed some cows.
Melanie is forming quite a fascination with bovines as of late.

7 comments:

Erika Marie said...

sounds like you've been having some fun even in between all the sleepiness. It makes me feel better to see someone else needing 2-3+ hour naps when pregnant. I was like that more in my 3rd trimester and wondered if I'd ever have energy again. the answer is mostly yes so hang in there! :)
Maybe I could watch the girls for you some afternoon/morning?

ArmyWife said...

Alright Melanie! That's my girl - love the cows!! (I'd like to point out that your girls are wearing tu tus. I wish i had it in me to give you a hard time about how they will be future cheerleaders, but I know in my heart that within the next 5 years or so i'm bound to have a little girl who also is forced to wear an overabundance of tulle.)

Elizabeth said...

Erika - I'm sure the girls would love to have a bit of fun time at your house. Melanie has mentioned Alaina and Nicholas in her bedtime list of people for God to bless, so I know they've made an impression on her :)

Michelle - you're asking for a pair of PINK golf clubs for your birthday and own PINK luggage and you're mocking me for letting my girls wear tutus (which I made)? I do believe I must protest on that one, my dear friend!

Debi said...

So glad to hear you are doing well! Can't wait to read your new posts!! Those tutus look cute! Did they wear them willingly??

pianomanda said...

I am very intrigued by this exploding cake... :) Of course, I ALWAYS look forward to seeing anything you've created in the kitchen!

And I know that I was probably in auto-mode since Vince was gone the first trimester and a half, but I've got the need for sleep NOW! It's absolutely necessary... at ANY part of pregnancy :) Lord knows we're storing up for numerous mid-night feedings, among other needs. :)

mary said...

ahem. you said you need encouragement. i petition for more pictures of the girls. (although i don't know if i can handle their cuteness.)

ArmyWife said...

I KNOW, I KNOW!! gosh, i can always count on you to keep me grounded. so pink is my favorite color and i am currently wearing capri pants (with pink tennis shoes, if you must know) and the green stripe on my socks perfectly matches the lime green in my shirt. lucky for me, you have found it within yourself to overlook (and/or laugh at) my idiosyncracies for 14 years or so.
ps - pictures. (and no sass - you can strong arm Mary into cute kid pictures but not me! my dog is cute but not THAT cute!)