Sunday, December 13, 2009

Melanie's 2 1/2 year pictures and Christmas pictures

More pictures of the girls - imagine that!

I bought the photo CD this time, which was actually cheaper than getting all the prints we would need for Christmas cards and whatnot, and it came with the added bonus that we now own the rights to these pictures, so we can have them reprinted whenever and wherever we want, which is much cheaper than getting more prints from the studio. We may just go the CD route from now on!



I love how comfortable Melanie is getting with the photographer we always use at Penney's! It makes it so much easier to get cute pictures like this when she's already familiar with the person she's interacting with - no warm up time needed!


I'm really not color blind - I swear!
Claire's shoes, hair bow and ribbon on her dress match much better in person than they do in this picture. Fortunately people won't be seeing her in the bright light of camera flashes on Christmas day, so her outfit will look much better than it does here!

Hmmm... now that I have the pictures I guess I'd better get going on those Christmas cards :P

4 comments:

pianomanda said...

These are SO super sweet! How much was the CD, if you don't mind my asking? I still need to get my kiddos' taken as well and have been debating Penney's or my mom (who took last year's). Was the CD included in the 40% Mon-Thurs daytime?

And just for the record, I think Claire's bow, ribbon and shoes were perfect as different shades of red. They blended beautifully. :)

PS LOVE Melanie's hat!!!! They're both gonna be heartbreakers! Does Matt own a shotgun?? ;)

Elizabeth said...

Amanda - I messaged you on FB about how the CD works at Penney's. And I'm glad we opted for the hat in those pictures. I was just going to use the matching bow, but had brought the hat for a different look and we decided to go ahead and use it and they just add a bit more attitude to the pictures I think :) And I think Matt has one of his great-grandpa's old shotguns or pistols, but I'm pretty sure it's in the attic and I know we don't have any ammo. It'll give off the right look though, should the need ever arise ;)

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

These are great pics! I love Melanie in the little hat... too cute! Where do you do your pics? I'm headed to the DREADED Portrait Innovations tomorrow and know I will InSTANTLY regret it, but I don't know where else to go for reasonable pictures!

Erika Marie said...

i'm wanting to go to Penny's more and more. Are they reasonable?