We were very impressed with how well prepared Target was for the onslaught of bargain hunters. They had associates stationed all over the store with maps so they could tell you precisely where the advertised item you were looking for was at (since they quite often were not in their usual department) and their store security made sure people weren't coming straight in the store from their cars before the people that had waited in line got in the store, which I'm sure helped keep tempers from flaring. I was amazed at how calm and almost orderly it seemed, at least in comparison to the madhouse that Walmart usually is. Yet one more reason I prefer Target over Walmart!
There really weren't a bunch of totally amazing deals, but I was able to get a Bissell Steam Mop for myself for $50 instead of the usual price of $99, so even though it is a cleaning apparatus I'm still pretty excited about it. I was also able to get some flannel sheets for Melanie's bed and a portable dual-screen DVD player (the screens strap to the back of the headrests in your car) for the girls, which I'm sure will come in handy at some point in time.
We hit a couple more stores and had breakfast at Jimmy's Egg (which was very good in case you were wondering), dropped Katie back off at her house and were back home by 7:30. Sara had stayed the night so that I wouldn't have to go pick her us at some crazy hour, so she took a nap downstairs while I went back to bed, or at least tried to. Right as I was slipping into a peaceful sleep Claire decided she was ready for breakfast, so I fed her and THEN I was able to take my nap.
The rest of the day was spent mostly hanging out around the house while Matt hung Christmas lights outside. Uneventful, but nice just the same. The girls were able to spend time playing with Sara, which is always a hit around here.
More accurately, Matt was able to make a ball land in Melanie's arms since she basically was holding them straight out in front of her in the hopes that she would be able to "catch" one.
Regardless, she was thrilled :)

1 comment:
wow-you were ambitious. i don't think i could get out that early even if i wanted to. max and i went to pier 1 and old navy around 10am. old navy was a trashed circus. very interesting to observe. (target was tempting-did you get the cute reuseable bag they handed out? that was my biggest temptation for going.)
Post a Comment