Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Post for the Sake of Posting...

I've been craving oatmeal cookies in a big way for the past several days, so today I finally made them. Half the batter with cinnamon and raisins, the other half with chocolate chips because I simply couldn't decide. If this had been an evening venture I'm sure they all would have been chocolate chip, but it was right before lunch, and warm oatmeal raisin cookies just seem like the perfect sweet touch after a sandwich for lunch.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
These were easy, but just OK as far as Matt and I were concerned. I wanted to try them out for a potential Valentine's Day treat so I made a test batch last night. Next time I think I'll go half and half between milk chocolate and semi-sweet, all milk chocolate was just too sweet. And I'll probably take the time to go to a store in town that makes freshly ground peanut butter to use for the filling, since the recipe uses powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs to thicken the peanut butter and we felt that it was too sweet as well. Just goes to show that testing a recipe out first does pay off once in a while...

I'm not sure why Matt took this picture, but my guess is that he's realized we have basically no pictures of me with Melanie
1. Because in the evenings when he's home she's completely consumed with playing with him and I'm only needed to console her when things don't go her way and
2. I'm not a fan of having my picture taken in general, but especially not when I'm ready-to-pop-at-any-minute-pregnant
But I'm posting it just the same since this is the only picture we have of me with Melanie since we took our Christmas picture at Matt's grandparents' house, and who knows if I'll allow another picture to be taken of me before Claire's arrival...


2 comments:

ArmyWife said...

woo hoo! proof that our minds are still linked in some way or another: i was totally pondering making home-made peanut butter cups just yesterday! they look awesome!
please do your best not to object to more pictures of yourself. you always look wonderful and the belly is just an added bonus of "cute points". please tell matt that i am requesting more stealth pictures.

Erin said...

I too like the picture of you, you look lovely :) Hope things are going smoothly and no one is harassing you about Claire's arrival.

And you just made this pregnant woman crave peanut butter cups. I wonder if I could get Joe to go out and get me some...