Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Furniture

We finally got around to picking out new furniture and ordered it a couple days after Claire was born, so it was just delivered this week. I'm pretty excited about it, although it does mean I'll need new curtains in the living room since the old ones are green to match the furniture that is now in the basement, same with the lamps and most of the decor in the living room for that matter...
The flash really makes the pillows (and walls) look lighter than they really are.
I really like the teal accent color, but the nice thing is that I just have to switch out pillows to get a new look since the furniture itself is just a basic brown.

Notice the green curtains in the background? Not so attractive in my opinion...

Eventually I hope to get a recliner that will coordinate with this furniture for Matt, but I'm sure that will take a while to accomplish. Furniture shopping while pregnant was difficult, but I'm sure having 2 kids will take it to a whole new level.

Melanie immediately started trying out the drawers.
Fortunately her sippy cup is too tall to close the drawers, otherwise I'm sure I'd be finding day-old surprises when I least expected them.

1 comment:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Very nice! Changes the look of your living room :)