Monday, February 16, 2009

Chocolate

After my attempt at homemade peanut butter cups turned out too sweet for our liking I was left still craving some chocolate peanut buttery goodness, so I decided to make the chocolate peanut butter crackers that usually only make an appearance at Christmas time. Very easy and quick to make, and they taste pretty darn close to Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties, and they seem even better when frozen. Oh, and I got a great deal on the chocolate bark coating since Dillons had it on sale for 74 cents a package, when I normally stock up when they put it on sale 2 for $4, so how could I go wrong?
Claire was sleeping, so to squeeze in a bit of Melanie time I let her sit on the counter while I made the cracker sandwiches and waited for the chocolate to melt in the double boiler. She seemed to really enjoy being able to see what was going on and helping out by handing me crackers and eating some in between. So now we have a sweet treat that has been stashed in the freezer where it isn't a constant temptation since I can't see it, but remains a welcome treat from time to time.

Betcha can't tell which one Melanie snacked on... she stacked it right on top of the others when she decided she was done with it

Unfortunately dad had put a candy dish on the island to get it out of Melanie's reach, but mom put it right back within her reach when she let her sit on the counter to help make treats, so she got a special treat of her own
The finished product

1 comment:

ArmyWife said...

points for presentation, as always!