Monday, June 2, 2008

So I obviously haven't been very diligent in the area of regular posting recently, and I have no real excuse. Melanie does tend to like to climb onto the "brains" of the computer (I don't know the real name for the box that turns this high-tech machine on) so she can "help" me type and adjust the monitor for more optimal viewing, so I guess that's as close as I get to a reason to avoid blogging.

We've been keeping busy on the weekends, and the weekdays seem to be being spent just keeping up with life in general. Mother's day one weekend, graduation picnic and ceremony in Lawrence the next, planting a garden and spending the day at Spring Creek over Memorial weekend, and a baptism, birthday dinner, baby shower, farewell reception and cookout with the family this past weekend. Needless to say, there are oodles of pictures from these events that I need to sift through and post the highlights of, but alas, I hear Melanie starting to stir from her late nap, so I'd better make use of the little time I have left to clean the kitchen before she wakes up for real. If I don't crash too early maybe I'll get a few pics posted tonight... just don't hold your breath on that one (as I'm sure you all are).