Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Garden!

So I had an almost ripe strawberry in my garden I was going to take a picture of, but when I went out the next morning to do so (thinking it would be completely ripe by then) it was gone. There must have been a little mouse and a big hungry bear roaming around. Either that or a bird. Take your pick. Anyway, here are a couple things that are still in my garden.

The first bell peppers of the season

A "Fooled You" Pepper. It's supposed to taste like a Jalapeno without the heat, so we'll see how that works out.

I have a total of 9 pepper plants (8 varieties), 4 cucumber bushes (2 varieties), and 12 strawberry plants (2 varieties), as well as some herbs in my garden. I figure I'll try my hand and making some different kinds of pepper jelly and salsas to can. And the cucumbers are obviously going to become pickles. I'm quite excited to watch my little garden grow! And it helps keep me occupied. While Melanie plays in her sandbox in the morning (before it gets too hot) I pull weeds. It won't be too long before I actually get to pick stuff. I'm so excited!

No comments: