For
Melanie's 4th birthday we decided to let her take dance classes. She loves to dance around the house, plus they don't take up any space and it's one less thing for me to pick up off the floor, so it was a win/win as far as I was concerned. We opted to have her take them through the
park board until she decides if she really likes them since it's quite a bit less expensive that way. If she really enjoys it then we'll enroll her in some more classes elsewhere, but this is a good place to start. Melanie had her first class last week, so I snapped a few pictures of the occasion.
Excited for her first class!
The class is a combination of the basics of ballet and tap. She seemed to do a really good job of paying attention to the instructor and following direction, and she's been twirling around the house ever since. Even Claire has been pretending to be a ballerina since Melanie's first class :) We just bought her tap shoes for class yesterday, so I'm sure she'll have lots of new performances for us in the near future.
4 comments:
She looks so grown up! Good for you for trying dance... I am a big advocate of dance :) I started taking dance when I was 3 and didn't stop until college. I think it helps with poise and self confidence! Anyway, hoping she loves it... Emily sure does :) If she ends up really liking it a lot, then maybe we should chat about putting them in the same class sometime.
And by the way... don't let my blog post fool you! While I HAVE been making an effort to be more engaged with the kids, we still have LOTS of time where we aren't doing a thing! And I don't teach my kids to cook, can, OR make jelly :) I do let them stir the mix from the box for muffins though... does that count :)
AND we really do need to get together for a play date soon. I'll be out of town all of next week, but maybe we can schedule something for the week after SEAS VBS (as I know you are working it). How does that sound?
How cute! Mary is going to her first dance camp next week and we too just bought tap and ballet shoes last week. After a few days of the tap shoes around the kitchen, we had to put them away for a few days!! Hope she enjoys the class!
That is adorable!!! I love the pictures, especially the one of her doing a plie'. So cute!
that is so cute. she looks pretty into it-way more than the little girl next to her.
Post a Comment