Friday, January 21, 2011

You really should make these cinnamon chip scones.  They were delicious, not to mention easy.  I used 1/2 unbleached all purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat and they were delightful.  I also backed off on the sugar a bit and only used 3/4 cup of the cinnamon chips b/c the full cup called for seemed like it might be a bit too much, as well as rolling (ok, patting them out with my hands) them thinner and cutting them smaller than she called for. These would have been some monster scones if I had followed her dimensions.  You really should treat yourself.  You deserve it.

When you're done with these you should also try out this cinnamon bread.  I opted to make muffins for freezing for easy breakfasts.  Once again, I used half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour, less sugar and used the homemade unsweetened cinnamon applesauce we canned this fall.  The muffins turned out incredibly moist and the girls love them.  A definite winner :)

No comments: