Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wall Decals

When we moved and I had the chance to make some changes to Melanie's room I was excited to try out some of those wall decals I had been seeing in the stores.  I picked some up at Target that would go with the decor we already had for her room and was anxious to try them out.

Well, since I'm just now posting about this, my anxiety to try them out obviously wasn't enough to get me to actually do it in a timely manner.  Part of my excuse was that I wanted to do it when Matt was home so he could keep the girls occupied because I didn't want them to see me applying them and possibly peeling them back off, therefore showing that they too could peel them off the walls.  So they got put up in the closet and were forgotten about until a couple weeks ago when I finally decided to take care of it one Saturday morning as a distraction while putting away the girls' laundry, my least favorite chore, by far.  Not just the girls' laundry, but all laundry in general.  I would truly prefer to iron every day and live out of laundry baskets to the task of putting away laundry (a habit we do fall back in to every so often it seems).  But I digress.

Melanie was quite tickled when she came upstairs to see the new pretties on her walls.  I may go and pick up another set so that when Claire moves in with Melanie I can decorate around her name as well, instead of taking away from Melanie's name.  Anyway, here is little Miss Melanie showing you some of her new wall art.


She really likes that butterfly :)
 
Melanie very quickly informed me that the pink flower was her flower and the yellow one was Claire's.  That's fine with me, glad to hear she's sharing and all.  I just assumed this was because the pink one was bigger, and therefore should be hers.  Then last week Melanie shed a bit more light on her reasoning behind her choices.  One day when we were putting away laundry (Again!  I tell you, it never ends!) Melanie said "The pink flower is my flower, the yellow flower is Claire's flower.  Claire is a sunflower.  I'm a farmer.  I get candy!"  Ah, it all made sense now!  A reference back to Halloween.  Quite the memory our little lady has!


Claire was quite fascinated by the new additions
 
And just because it's cute, the girls lovin' on each other.

8 comments:

Monica said...

those are soooo cool. do they come off easily though when you want to change your deco??

mary said...

love the flowers. you're beauties are pretty cute too ; )

Michelle said...

Very cute room. I love the picture of Melanie and Claire together, so sweet!

Debi said...

I love those decals!!! Sooo sweet! I love all the pics that you post, you are keeping such a great record of your lives!!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks ladies :)

And yes, they are very easy to take off the wall. I had to reposition a few of them and they come right off and reapply with no problem. They work kinda like those window clings, so no sticky residue :)

Erin said...

I saw those in Target this weekend and now I want them!!! I was wondering how easy they were to get off, thank you for satisfying my curiosity :) I have been wanting to do something to the kids rooms to liven them up a bit but since we are renting, obviously can't do anything permanent. These might just work!!

Erika Marie said...

so cool! I also have taken many a stroll down the decal aisle at Target but can never fully commit. I'm trying to think of a way to combine a boy and girl room together nicely. This re-inspired me to think on it some more. Do the girls try and take them off?

Elizabeth said...

Erika - the girls have yet to try and take the decals off the wall. I think this may be in part because they don't realize they CAN be taken down (this was part of my reasoning for putting them on the wall while Matt was home to keep them occupied - this way they wouldn't see me repositioning the decals when necessary) They do like to run their fingers around them, but no interest in peeling them off so far *fingers crossed*