As has become our tradition, and will likely remain so until the girls are old enough to go door-to-door begging candy off of strangers, we dressed the girls up and carted them around west Wichita, visiting relatives and showing off how cute our kids can be when subjected so silly (and hot!) costumes.

Claire the Sunflower

Melanie the Farmer
(although she did look a bit more cowgirl than a farmer. I forgot to put freckles on her cheeks. There goes my "Mom of the Year" award)

I think giving Melanie pig tails instantly made her look older. But the overalls and red shirt are 12-month sized clothes she still fits into, so she obviously isn't growing much!

Melanie's hat trick
Oooooo....
Ahhhhh...

Poor Claire had a very warm costume this year (much like Melanie's bunny costume
last year )
She was very proud of herself when she figured out how to take the hood off.
For our family tour we would take her out of the costume every time we got into the car and put her back in it when we had reached out destination.

Melanie decided she was done posing for pictures

Claire just stayed where we put her and ate leaves

Claire raiding the candy bucket at Aunt Mary's.
We had already been to
Wal-Mart to see Uncle John at the bank and Friends to see Aunt Katie at a volleyball game by this point, so Melanie was a bit tuckered out (probably from all the dancing she did for her dad's birthday the day before) and was sleeping.

Snagging candy from sister's candy bucket

The angel music box is a favorite with our girls

Discussing important things with Great Grandpa
Greenlee

Grinning with Great Grandma
Greenlee

So sad to go :*(

Rearranging G.G. Palmer's pretties

Claire getting in on the action

Claire and G.G.

Busted!

Melanie and G.G.
Gramps and Claire

Grams and Claire

Great Grandma
Stockemer and the girls at Grasslands

Granny Em has a friend that came up with her fortune teller costume for her. Isn't it great?

Granny's walker decorated like a fortune teller's wagon.

Come to Zelda for all your fortune telling needs!
My parent's house was the last stop on our trick-or-treat trek, but by the time we got there I had dropped Matt off at home to hand out candy and my dad had left to go to a WSU volleyball game with his parents, and to be honest I was tired and wanted to go home. As a result I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the girls with Great Grandma (Nana) McHugh or my parents. Now I have two marks against me in the "Mom of the Year" contest... I'll never win now! Oh well, there's always next year, right?
6 comments:
Cute, cute, cute! I adore the sunflower costume... where did you get it? Melanie looks precious too... Noah cried about the freckles, but I insisted and in the end, he was happy with them! I'll be saving his hat for later because I think Emily will make a cute farmer/cowgirl someday too!
looks good! and dare i say it, but i dont know that the pig tails so much make her look older as they make her look just like her dad. but in a cute... not manly sort of way...
granny em rocks - that's the coolest!
These are so cute, thanks for sharing! I especially love the one with Claire in the leaves. But I'm a sucker for pictures of anything in a pile of autumn leaves. :)
Don't worry, I still think you are one incredibly mommy and daughter and daughter-in-law for taking them around to see everyone like that!
Very cute! Looks like they had a good time. I love them rearranging the "pretties" always a favorite activity for little ones.
Thanks for all the nice compliments ladies! I really appreciate them :)
Danielle, I got Claire's costume off of eBay for $10 shipped, but I'm pretty sure it was a Children's Place costume from last year. The other kid only wore it once, so why not give it a little extra life and save a bit of money at the same time?
very cute elizabeth. that's a fun idea for the little ones who don't trick or treat. dress a little one up in a cute costome= instant oogles. looks like you guys made all the rounds.
great costumes too!
Post a Comment