Thursday, February 18, 2010

Claire's Birthday Party

Ok, so it's been a couple weeks, but I'm ready to jump back on the bloggy bandwagon (I think).  Here goes!

We celebrated Claire's 1st birthday by having our families over for cake and ice cream on Saturday afternoon.  In typical Elizabeth fashion, I made too much cake, but I'd rather too much than not enough.

Cake #1

Cake #2
Claire's cupcake


As with Melanie's birthday parties, we kept is low key (and therefore as stress free as possible for mom and dad!).

The decor

Claire was not especially interested in opening gifts.   She kept toddling off to other rooms when we would try to entice her to open a gift.  This bothered Melanie, who was very interested in what Claire's gifts were, and would therefore chase after Claire with a present exclaiming "Open this one Claire!"
We were eventually able to convince Claire to pay some amount of attention to her presents, and successfully got the wrapping off of them, with help from her dad, mom and big sister.
 
 
Finally some real interest in a gift!
 
Sharing with Grams

As with Melanie's 1st birthday, Matt's sister Katie made Claire an absolutely beautiful scrapbook of her 1st year and included a couple pages for all her family that came to her party to write a little note to her on.  I absolutely love this idea and if I ever make a scrapbook for someone's 1st year I will definitely be borrowing this idea!
The signature pages - aren't they adorable?!?
G.G. Palmer writing a note to Miss Claire
Melanie "writing" her note - it was so important she had to write with both hands.
"Dear Claire, I love you bunches and think you're a great sister.  Now can I play with all the neat toys you just got?  Love, the best big sister you've got, Melanie"
 
Grandma Greenlee and Nana admiring the scrapbook


This one was just too cute not to include - Miss Melanie playing hide and seek with Gramps.
I just love watching their special relationship grow :)

And finally, the birthday girl with each of her guests


Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Greenlee
 
G.G. Palmer

Nana
 
Grams and Gramps


Grandma and Grandpa


Auntie K, scrapbooker extraordinaire! 
(and a pretty great godmother, too!)
 
Uncle John


Aunt Laura


Aunt Amber


Needless to say, she was one pooped little girl when all was said and done! 


In a sugar coma ;)

I think we'll put this one down as another successful 1st birthday party.

And no, I didn't forget the cake pictures.  I just can't figure out how to embed the slideshow in a post with other photos and text, so see below for all the frosting filled messiness our little one-year-old got herself into.
I think you'll agree it's safe to say she enjoyed her cake!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Wow, I am in awe of your party skills!!! Namely the cake decorating and table scape!