Since I haven't been as diligent about posting recently
according to some people *cough*cough*GRANDPA*cough*cough* here's a quick post of what we've been up to lately.

Melanie and I have signed up for a toddler story time at the library. She really seems to be enjoying it. We get a new stack of books each week, which has helped the bedtime stories to not seem as monotonous for mom and dad. She loves the stories, and is starting to loosen up about the little "hand play" activities and songs they do during story time, so I think it's been time well spent, and a good opportunity for special "Melanie and Mom" time together.

Melanie also takes part in a tumbling class, or "
tumb!" as she likes to call it.

It really is just a glorified play time in the gym with warm up and cool down stretching as a group, but she has a TON of fun and burns some extra energy while she's at it. And she's having to learn to wait her turn and share, two things that she doesn't have to do a lot of in everyday life since Claire's still so little.


We've been spending a lot of time outside as well. Melanie plays with her car/chalk/bubbles/watering can/random sticks she finds on the ground (you get the idea) and Claire hangs out on the picnic blanket with some toys while I water flowers or play with them. The weather has been so nice and mild, we're getting in as much outside time as we can!

Claire trying to get some bubbles.
Claire is becoming more and more mobile every day! She regularly puts herself in the above position or up on both knees and had tried to stand herself up without support several times. Only time will tell if she's walking by 9 months like Melanie was. If she is, I'm going to have one crazy Christmas ahead of me!
Claire also has her first tooth (it broke through last week) and I expect the second one to be in any day now. Poor kid, getting two at the same time!

And finally, the cake I made for Grandma
Greenlee's birthday.
I've got several cake decorating occasions coming up, so I'm going to be getting a lot of practice!
No before/after pictures of the move yet. Be patient and they will come. Besides, I had to save something to get you guys to keep coming back, right? ;)
4 comments:
i'm with whichever impatient grandpa it is who's missing out on the frequent blog postings. but alas, i need something to do at work other than actually "work", so i check often.
looks like you've been having fun though!
Great pictures, Melanie looks like she is enjoying her tumbling class. I can't believe Claire trying to stand up like that, it so cute. I had forgotten that Melanie walked early. I'm hoping Zane holds off on the walking until 13 months like both his siblings, we shall see. BTW the cake looks awesome, I need to hire you to decorate for the kids birthdays. I've got the baking down but my decorating skills are lacking.
claire is totally going "TA-DA!!" now she just needs to master jazz hands.
and i love her tights from the race for the cure. i feel a bit odd coveting a babies wardrobe, but it happens more than i would like to admit.
I love the picture of Claire and the bubbles. amazing! ;) A future scientist at work?
I really loved all the story time we've gotten to do, mostly with Alaina and Nicholas too. Of all things we've done, the library has probably been our most important and impacting. Nicholas asks me when he'll go back to tumbling, i'm glad he liked it so much. Maybe in the spring we can go back, we'll see. :)
by the way, I love the background on your blog.
Post a Comment