On Sunday the girls and I went to the fair with my mom and sister, Amber. I really don't think it could have gone any better than it did - thank you Lord! Melanie didn't protest to being in her stroller and Claire was her typical happy self. We were there for 6-7 hours, and while I got a sunburn on my face (as usual) and the girls got sun-kissed cheeks, a good time was had by all. Thanks for the great idea Amber! We look forward to going again!

Excited to go on my first trip to the State Fair!

When we told Melanie the bees were making honey her response was
"It's Pooh!"

Anxious to see all the animals

Claire was not as excited about the animals

Amber and Super Pig's long lost cousin.
Super Pig was a puppet Amber got at the fair when she was a kid and she would tie a doll blanket around it's neck and our dad would make him "fly" through the air exclaiming "Super Pig!" as he would come to tickle her. It was so well loved and used so much for tickling that in his latter years he got a hole worn in his snout. He looked just like this puppet, so we just couldn't pass up the photo opp.

A little cool down time at the fountain.

Giving Aunt Amber a bit of exercise,
as if all the walking we did wasn't exercise enough!

Our little Kansas Sunflower

No matter where you are, Grandma's always great for a nap!

Waiting for the pig races to start

Melanie was very amused
And what would a trip to the fair be without some fabulous fair cuisine?

Enjoying some free ice cream

Claire even got a taste.
It was really good.
(Turkey Hill
Duetto in Vanilla Raspberry , in case you're wondering)

FUNNEL CAKE!

Trying to snag some of grandma's lemonade.
She got to chew on the straw instead.

A sweet sisterly moment, with dad's requested popcorn in the background.

We ended the day with a trip to the petting zoo. I offered to let her go on a pony ride, but she just wanted to watch, much like she just wanted to watch me feed the animals.
Can't wait until next year when we might actually get to try a few rides!
(assuming Melanie grows and meets the height requirement for any of them by then!)
3 comments:
looks like fun was had by all. i like the new blog colors too. :)
Thanks! I was ready for a change, and I realized that the other background didn't always show up correctly depending on the type of browser you were using, so a plain wallpaper was the choice this time. I find it calming as well, and with how scattered I feel from moving and all it's nice to get that feeling wherever I can!
Looks like a lot of fun, its been several years since we have been to the fair. Maybe next year will be the year! Cute pictures of your girls :)
Post a Comment