Friday, May 22, 2009

Claire's 3 month pictures

I just had Claire's 3 month pictures taken yesterday at JC Penney's and I am very happy with how they turned out! The intent was to just get Claire's pictures done for the milestone and also get a few of the girls together since I had Big Sister/Little Sister shirts for them and wanted to get photos of the girls wearing them before Claire outgrew hers (Melanie's is a 3T so at the rate she's growing she'll probably still be able to wear it when she's in kindergarten :P )

Well, Melanie was not down with the idea of having her picture taken with her sister - heck, we even bribed her with candy! The photographer was trying to get her to loosen up for the "sisters" pictures and was snapping a few of just Melanie, but they turned out so cute I had to get a few of them as well! And she was definitely showing off her OCD that day! The photographer wanted her to sit in a little rocking chair and Melanie had been playing with the chair and foot stool while Claire was getting her pictures taken, so Melanie carried the stool over next to the chair for her pictures. She'd get Melanie all situated for a cute shot and then quickly slide the stool away so it hopefully wouldn't be in the shot. But as soon as she moved the stool Melanie would get up and carry it back, sitting herself back in the chair and putting her feet up. What a little booger! She has the proudest look on her face in those pictures, so it really adds to the personality of it all.

Anyway, the photographer was awesome! She worked with us for over an hour, encouraging me to take Claire in the next studio that wasn't being used to nurse her if I thought that would help her hang in there. That turned out well since she ended up dozing off, resulting in some really sweet pictures. And she was so comfortable working with the girls, playing with Melanie and picking Claire up to burp her and tickle her to get her smiling, soothing Claire to sleep if she'd start to wake up and then gently removing her pacifier for the pictures. She's even encouraged us to stop by whenever we're shopping so Melanie can get used to her, resulting in better pictures in the future (hopefully). I highly recommend using her. She's at the Penney's at Towne West and her name is Stephanie. She told my mom she also does photography on her own outside the studio, she just works for LifeTouch because it provides a steady paycheck, so she'd probably be willing to do outdoor pictures as well.

Ok, so down to the business of the pictures. Same drill as last time - follow the link and enter my first and last name for the customer and tell me what you think!
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0179108111JCP

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures!

Erika Marie said...

beautiful. I really like that rose pillow. I'll just print some of those instead of buying any with babies I don't know...

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

These are great! I never thought about trying JC Penney's... I've always done the Portrait Innovations thing, but I like these a lot.. maybe I'll give it a try next month (Emily is ready for 18 months pics!!! which makes me sad!). These are really sweet!

pianomanda said...

Wow, those are all excellent! How the heck do you pick when there are so many good ones?? I need to get some of my kiddos together, in addition to a family picture, which we've NEVER done. Is Penney's outragiously priced? I'll keep my eye out for coupons too...

Elizabeth said...

Amanda,
Penney's is really reasonable. They always have a coupon on their website for a free sitting fee and $3.99 sheets plus a free 8x10 or I think there's also one for a $7.99 package of one pose. I always do the individual sheets b/c then I can get exactly what I need for all the different family members. I've been very impressed with Stephanie at Penney's. You should give them a try sometime during the week :) She'll spend as much time as she can with you during the week, which for us was about an hour last time. Good luck!