Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grandpa's Birthday

My Grandpa Greenlee turned 78 this last Sunday, so the family got together at my parents house for dinner to celebrate. Just a simple evening of food and family - what could be better?
Here are a few pictures of the evening.
Melanie and the Birthday Boy hanging out on the front porch, checking out the duck in the garden.
The duck sitting on her 10 eggs
Melanie's new favorite thing at my parents' house.
She dumped a watering can full of water on it a couple days before this, so I'm pretty sure the feeling is not mutual.

Grandma Greenlee and Claire getting some bonding time.

Now what exactly am I supposed to do with this?

Ohh... I know now!

I love this picture!
An attempt to get a picture of the girls with their great-grandparents.
We'll have to try again another time.

The cake I made for Grandpa's birthday
You can get the recipe here
The frosting isn't stiff enough for decorating as the recipe is written, so I thickened it up by adding more cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Let me just say, wow! It was delicious!
I added chocolate covered strawberries and spread the extra melted chocolate on top of the cake to form a "shell" on top just to try something different, and it was very tasty if I do say so myself!

4 comments:

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Wow! That cake is GORGEOUS!!!

ArmyWife said...

I don't want the recipe, I want the CAKE!!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle - all gone Mike

Michelle said...

Wow that cake is amazing!