Sunday, June 7, 2009

A New Top for Melanie

Instead of cleaning like a good mommy and wife I took my first spin at "re-purposing" some fabric today (using fabric from my stash qualifies as cleaning, right? It does make the pile smaller after all...).

I had bought a pillowcase off of eBay last year with the intent of making Melanie a pillowcase dress. Since she's so tiny I had to re-size the pillowcase by taking the sides in as well as cropping it quite a bit, so it's not a true pillowcase dress/top, just made from some material that formerly was a pillowcase! And I still have enough material left over to make another top or a skirt as well as add a ruffle to the bottom of this one if I want :) And no Michelle, I would not have her wear the matching top and skirt at the same time so as to avoid your scathing criticism and teasing, thankyouverymuch! :P

Here are some pictures of Melanie and her new top.
Please ignore the weeds in my front flower bed. I know they're there. We are peacefully coexisting at the moment, although I'm sure that won't last much longer.
This is probably the picture that best represents the shirt itself, the rest were just too cute not to post!
She had just jumped off the step, thus the odd pose
Bye!
Cheese!
(Mmmmm... cheese!)
Telling us to "Shhh!" because Claire was asleep.

Oh, and I have a new found respect for those photographers that take pictures of kids for clothing ads. I realize this would be easier if she wasn't at home with all her play things around to distract her, but still! It takes quite a bit of effort to get a descent shot of a kid to show off the outfit they're wearing!

2 comments:

ArmyWife said...

For the record, I whole-heartedly trust you to dress and accesorize your girls, now if my mother had been making the cute pillow case outfit, that would be another story. But in her defense, she has gotten much better about dressing herself. :)

Michelle said...

Very cute top and I love Melanie poses in these pictures, what a cutie!