All our bags are packed, we're ready to go. They're sitting there, right by the door. Already I'm so giddy I could burst!
Shortly after 9:00am tomorrow we will be heading to Seattle to start our vacation with Matt's family (so if you think of it, please say a prayer for us while we're in the air, or on the boat for that matter - I'd appreciate it!). We'll spend a couple of days on Bainbridge Island with Matt's Aunt Karla and her family and hopefully get a chance to see our friends Bryan and Bri. Then Friday we board the ship to begin our Alaskan cruise. Our cruise both begins and ends in Seattle, stopping in Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka and finally Victoria, British Columbia.
I'm pretty excited, seeing as I've never been on a cruise before. If nothing else, for all the FOOD. That's the main thing Matt has talked about from his previous experience, is all the piles and piles (literally) of food - especially fresh fruit, which has been a pretty regular craving of mine. And it will be great to get to spend so much time with Matt's family. Melanie really loves seeing her Grams and Gramps, as well as Auntie K and Uncle John, so there will be plenty of people around to help Matt and I keep her occupied! And there's a kiddie play room on board, so that will be a fun adventure on our day at sea.
So this is it. The last 3 weeks of running all over town trying to get everything we might possibly need for this trip - most of which turned out to be clothes for me -has come to an end and we're packed and ready. Now if someone would just assure me that flying with a 15 month old will be just as easy as flying with a 4 month old was...
My July Bible Project
3 years ago

1 comment:
Joe is so jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment