Friday, July 4, 2008

Father's Day

I wanted to thank those of you that played "Where's Waldo?" with us a few weeks ago. In case you never found "him", check the "Outdoor Fun" post, and pay special attention to Melanie's shirt in the last three pictures. I'll give you a minute to look for yourself. Found it? Good. You are now among the growing number of people that are finding out that our family of three will become a family of four sometime in mid-February. Yay! Matt and I couldn't be more excited, and Melanie, well, she's just a happy baby, so we'll leave it at that for now. We'll see how she feels about sharing the spotlight when the time comes.



Oh, and I'd like to apologize for the rather cryptic instructions on the whole "Where's Waldo" thing. Matt was concerned that if I was too descriptive on how to play - i.e. actually tell people they were looking for a message instead of a person - that everyone would figure it out before they even looked and that would ruin all the fun. So vague and obscure was the road we took, and many detours and stops to ask for directions were the result, so don't feel bad if you didn't get what it was all about. I've learned my lesson. The majority of the population doesn't speak engineer, so I will refrain from using this little known language in the future.



So anyway, Father's Day was the appointed day upon which we chose to tell our families the happy news. Melanie made the announcement for us, wearing her Big Sister t-shirt as Matt and I did everything we could to not just walk up to people and say "Hey, did you look at Melanie's shirt? Did ya? Huh? HUH? What about now?!?" Luckily it never took very long for the detail to be noticed, so neither one of us exploded with anticipation. Everyone was thrilled, and several people said they just knew something was on the horizon. (Matt's brother John says he called it first after he and I had had a conversation the prior weekend about how he was sure I just couldn't wait *inflect sarcasm here* to be pregnant again. Oh little did he know at the time...)



Here are a few pictures of Melanie's Father's Day fun at Spring Creek. We took her shirt off so it wouldn't get dirty (it still had a job to do at my parents' house later in the day), so she truly looks like a little country kid running around with no shirt.

The shirtless wonder with two of her favorite guys


Giving the camera an innocent look so we won't suspect that she may take off on the 4-wheeler at any given moment

Super Baby!


All that hard playing deserves a bowl of strawberries and ice cream!
(Or at least a chance to squish Grams' around in my hands)

No comments: