Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're Back!

We arrived back in wonderful Kansas on Saturday, and have been sleeping ever since! Not literally, but there has been plenty of naps, early bedtimes and sleeping in late taking place to make up for the lack of rest that usually goes along with a vacation (not due to being over scheduled, but due to the fact that I don't sleep very well when not in my own bed). Melanie and I are also recovering from colds that we seem to have brought back with us, but that didn't show up until we had been home for a day already (sneaky things must have hidden away in our suitcases!).

All sleeping aside, we're unpacked, most of the laundry is done (thanks to Matt, I've been much too busy being a wussy sick person to deal with such trivial things) and the souvenirs have been distributed. The pictures are on the computer, but I'm going to wait just a bit before putting together a slide show of our Alaskan adventure. Seeing as there were six adults on this trip, we didn't all take our cameras on every outing (who would make sure the baby didn't get eaten by a bear?) so once I get pictures from Matt's parents and siblings I will compose a wonderful tour through our vacation for you all to enjoy.

Until then, here are a couple pictures from the cruise. They had the usual photographers that go around taking pictures during dinner and in port, but they also had the option of having your picture taken in a more studio-type setting. So on the last formal night I decided we should try to capture the moment of the three of us being dressed nicely. While we were disappointed in how the family shots turned out, these two pictures were pretty darn cute (or more accurately, Melanie was pretty darn cute in them). I hope to have more pictures for you soon!

No comments: