Friday, July 4, 2008

Tiny Baby, Big Outfit

So I made Melanie an outfit last summer that I had hoped she could wear at the time, choosing the 3-month size on the pattern. Well, apparently this pattern came from the land of giants, because it was HUGE on her. I couldn't even feasibly alter it to fit her at the time, it would have been easier to just make a whole new one. So I tucked it away in her closet, hoping it would fit her this year. While the top isn't too bad since it's a simple A-line tie-at-the-shoulders number in which a little extra space isn't necessarily a bad thing, the bloomers are still massively over sized. To prove my point, I submit the following photographic evidence.
She looks like a baby sumo wrestler!

It's Hammer Time!

as compared with another set of bloomers I made that actually fit her
(one came from a McCall's pattern, the other was Simplicity)

The top looks cute with jean shorts, so she'll get some use out of it.

If she stays as skinny as she is now, the top may even fit next summer too!

No comments: