Finding her cubby on "Meet the Teacher" night
Melanie was very excited to see a play kitchen, she actually asked me to take a picture of her playing with it
With her teacher
Melanie's kindergarten room is actually the same room I was in for kindergarten when I went to school many moons ago, and this bathtub couch was also a fixture in the room back then. So much nostalgia being back there and seeing a few things that haven't changed.
First day of school breakfast - pumpkin pancakes with a few cinnamon chips sprinkled in for a special treat, along with strawberries and blueberries, a few of Melanie's breakfast favorites!
First day of school gift for Melanie's teacher.
You can see the tiny strawberry she drew in the middle of the flowers on the card to tie in with the "berry excited" line and the jam. She was pretty tickled by the pun :)
You can see the tiny strawberry she drew in the middle of the flowers on the card to tie in with the "berry excited" line and the jam. She was pretty tickled by the pun :)
All ready to go!
As a very last-minute idea, I decided to have Melanie make a sign, writing her name and what she'd like to be when she grows up. I thought it would be fun to see how her penmanship and answer to what she'd like to be changes each year on the first day of school. This year she said she wants to be a mom when she grows up.
I love Claire's cheesy grin in this one!
My big girl, all ready to go in!
(And no, I didn't cry. Not even close.)
(And no, I didn't cry. Not even close.)
Seated and all ready to get started!
One last hug for her sister.
I'm cherishing these sweet moments and storing them up for the teen years that are yet to come.
End of the first day, and still all smiles!
Another sweet sister moment
Continuing with our first day of school tradition with Melanie, Matt met us at a nearby pizza place for lunch. The girls are like their parents, they really like the white sauce pizza (salty deliciousness!).
That was some lip-smacking good dessert pizza, too!
When I asked Melanie if she had a dream one morning a few days before school started she said yes. I asked what it was about, and she
responded "I dreamt about how much fun I would have at school!" I sure
hope it lives up to her expectations and that she'll always be this
excited about learning.



















2 comments:
It's a post (nay, 2 posts). How exciting. I know you guys here it all the time from us, but your girls are so cute, and they are so sweet (on camera at least). I love seeing your creative mom ideas too.
Thanks Jackie. I feel like the two school posts don't really "count" since they're basically copies of the correlating Facebook albums, but since my grandparents hadn't seen the pictures I figured I might as well go ahead and post them anyway.
Post a Comment