While I had the girls confined to the upper level of the house with me so I could put away laundry (it seems like that's all I ever do!) I came down the hall to Amelia's room to find this.
The girls had unloaded all the diapers and wipes from the closet, all the stuffed animals from the corner (this included all the lambs and bunnies Melanie and Claire have in their collections) and all the empty hangers from Amelia's closet. I was definitely less than pleased. They cleaned it all up, but it definitely made my blood boil, just a bit.
After staying up on Sunday night to put away the girls toys in the playroom and family room in the basement, which included climbing behind the couch to remove a bunch of toys the girls had stashed back there I came out of the computer room to find this
The girls had piled all the couch cushions and decorative pillows behind the couch, along with a bunch of toys. They were pretty quiet about it, too. The only reason I found out what they were doing before the entire playroom was deposited behind the couch was because Claire got wedged between the wall and a pillow and couldn't get out, so she was squealing in distress.
When I told Matt what the girls had done upon his getting home from work and my frustration at the situation he laughed and said he couldn't really get mad at them because he used to love doing the same thing as a kid. And while I can see the entertainment value of such an activity, that doesn't make me any less annoyed at their doing it. Especially not even 10 hours after I had cleaned it all up, 9 of which were spent sleeping.

No comments:
Post a Comment